Every piece is e-coated with an anti tarnish layer to help protect it as every piece is made from sterling silver and sterling silver can naturally tarnish with time and wear. Please remove rings when using hand sanitiser as this will eventually remove the protective layer.
Each order comes with a FREE care package. You are provided with an anti tarnish bag, polishing cloth and instructions. It is highly recommended to store your jewellery in the anti tarnish bag provided and then pop it back in the box.
- Store your jewellery in the anti tarnish bag provided making sure it is fully sealed and keep away from the sun.
- To minimise any scratching or tangling to your jewellery, ensure necklaces and bracelets are fastened and stored on their own.
- Avoid wearing your jewellery in the bath, shower or swimming pool, the water can cause it to discolour. You can find out more about getting your jewellery wet, click here.
- Do not allow cosmetics to touch your pieces as these can tarnish items.
- Keep different metals away from each other to avoid tarnishing.
If you need to clean your silver piece then they can be cleaned gently with a soft toothbrush and warm soapy water, dry and then polish with the a soft cloth or the polishing cloth provided.
If you need a deep clean to remove tarnish you can send the piece back for a professional clean and polish, I will also remove light surface scratches for FREE, you just pay the postage.
GOLD PLATED JEWELLERY
Care should always be taken when cleaning gold plated jewellery to protect the layer of gold from being worn away or scratched.
Remove jewellery when using hand sanitiser as this will wear the gold plating away.
Although gold plated jewellery will not tarnish over time like silver, the gold appearance may slightly fade depending on wear and exposure to chemicals and cosmetics.
To clean your gold plated jewellery carefully use the soft lint-free cloth provided after every wear, this will help maintain and bring back its shine. If necessary, you can use a mild washing up liquid with warm water and a soft toothbrush, then rinse with clean water and pat dry with a soft cloth.
Avoid using ‘dip’ polish or abrasive jewellery cleaners as these contain harsh chemicals and can destroy your jewellery over time. I do not recommend the use of any jewellery polishing cloths which have been treated with cleaners or polishing agents on gold plated jewellery as this can remove some of the plating.
Store your gold plated in the air tight bag provided and away from sunlight.
All pieces can be re plated at a very small cost if needed.